Welcome to Camp Cruella
We thought they couldn’t do worse than Priti Patel. As conditions in Manston reveal Suella Braverman’s stupendous callousness, it turns out that yes, they could. We unpack the rank incompetence, as well as the rank and incompetent. Plus, New York Times columnist Michelle Goldberg joins us to look ahead to the US midterms – and the unfortunate parallels in politics both sides of the pond.
• “The blue tick is going to become a sign that basically you’re a huge dork.” – Michelle Goldberg
• “Everyone in the Conservative Party now thinks they’re Winston Churchill.” – Seth Thévoz
• “What you’re seeing with Braverman is the Republicanisation of British politics.” – Seth Thévoz
• “The Republicans are now a party that has turned its back on democracy.” – Michelle Goldberg
• “It’s frustrating that only the people who believe in language take it seriously.” – Michelle Goldberg
Presented by Dorian Lynskey with Arthur Snell and Seth Thévoz . Group Editor: Andrew Harrison. Lead Producer: Jacob Jarvis. Producers: Alex Rees, Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Assistant Producer: Kasia Tomasiewicz. Audio production by Alex Rees. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.