The End of the World King
Amid a resignation tsunami, who knows how many ministers will have quit by the time you read this sentence? Boris Johnson is clinging to power like a leech full to the brim with the lifeblood of the Conservative Party. Is this finally the end? Plus, Fine Gael spokesperson on European Affairs Neale Richmond joins us as we unpack Starmer’s Brexit stance and the latest from that neverending conundrum.
• “We deserve a better class of bastards." – Ian Dunt
• "This isn't analysis, this is giggling euphoria. It's our real time reaction to resignations." – Ian Dunt
• "I'm an elected TD. I've got potholes to fill and babies to kiss - so this is my problem." – Neale Richmond
• "Wednesdays are my busiest day of the week. I could do without having to watch Sky News all day." – Neale Richmond
• “British people say the EU would never let us back in, we’ve burned our bridges… Well the British people haven’t burned their bridges. Boris Johnson burned his bridges.” – Neale Richmond
Presented by Dorian Lynskey with Ian Dunt and Naomi Smith. Group Editor: Andrew Harrison. Lead Producer: Jacob Jarvis. Producers: Alex Rees, Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Audio production by Robin Leeburn. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.