Pound-emonium with Special Guest Alan Johnson
Truss and Kwarteng’s mini-budget madness has sparked a Black Wednesday 2.0 – will the quids be alright? Plus, as Starmer takes Keir of business with a successful outing at conference, we look at Labour’s standing. This week’s special guest is former Labour minister turned mystery novelist Alan Johnson.
• “It’s too long ago to blame the last Labour government for everything so now they’re blaming one that doesn’t exist yet.” – Ros Taylor
• “This looks like two economics A-Level students have been let loose. The inexperience they’re displaying is just mind-boggling.” – Alan Johnson
• “There is no easy way out for them and neither should there be given the magnitude of error that they’ve made.” – Alan Johnson
• “To climb down from this plan would be a repudiation of everything Truss stands for.” – Ros Taylor
• “You can almost feel the mood of the country shifting towards Keir Starmer.” – Alan Johnson
Tickets to Doomsday Watch Live: https://www.tickettext.co.uk/etmejHAuba
Presented by Alex Andreou with Ian Dunt and Ros Taylor. Group Editor: Andrew Harrison. Lead Producer: Jacob Jarvis. Producers: Alex Rees, Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Assistant Producer: Kasia Tomasiewicz. Audio production by Robin Leeburn. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.