Meal Deal vs Pork Markets
Sunak or Truss. No, this isn’t a fever dream – one of them will be the next Prime Minister. The panel analyses this gruesome twosome, in the immediate aftermath of Mourdant’s elimination from the Tory leadership race. This week’s guest is Independent columnist and freelance journalist Hannah Fearn. And Doomsday Watch host Arthur Snell joins to discuss his new book How Britain Broke the World.
• “The debates were a terrible mistake. What was the point in them when the public have no say?” – Hannah Fearn
• “I’m all for redoing Brexit in a way in which we don’t do it at all.” – Arthur Snell
• “Truss matches Starmer’s worst qualities, and none of his better ones. She will be a gift for Labour.” – Hannah Fearn
• “Compared to the cost of war, diplomats are very cheap.” – Arthur Snell
• “PMQs was the party pushing someone out of a window and applauding as they make flapping motions before they hit the ground.” – Alex Andreou
Presented by Dorian Lynskey with Alex Andreou. Group Editor: Andrew Harrison. Lead Producer: Jacob Jarvis. Producers: Alex Rees, Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Audio production by Robin Leeburn. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.