Localscast: ‘Stop the Small Votes’ Fails
Despite the Tories’ best efforts at damage control they still got utterly trounced at the locals. Stopping boats didn’t work (in any way whatsoever) and neither didn’t stopping votes. So while Sunak will be moping, should the rest of us – and Starmer in particular – celebrate? Or are the results a little more confusing than that? Andrew, Ros and Naomi discuss.
• “Without question it has been a very bad night for the Conservatives.” – Naomi Smith
• “It’s very clear lots of Conservatives just stayed at home.” – Naomi Smith
• “There is no possibility of Johnson coming back, it’s his friends trying to humour him. It’s pathetic.” – Ros Taylor
• “It’s clear Starmer would be different. But what would he do? Labour needs to answer that.” – Ros Taylor
• “How incredible that the Tories did this badly even with their voter suppression activities in place. How much worse would they have done without it?” – Naomi Smith
• “Any thwarted vote is a disgrace. It’s straightforwardly awful to turn people away.” – Ros Taylor
Tell the Government what you think about its Voter ID rollout: https://www.bestforbritain.org/voter_id_shambles_tell_the_government_what_you_think
Presented by Andrew Harrison with Ros Taylor and Naomi Smith. Group Editor: Andrew Harrison. Managing Editor: Jacob Jarvis. Producer: Chris Jones. Audio production by Alex Rees. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices