Is Keir Starmer Blowing It?
Labour is ahead in the polls but questions are still being raised over Keir Starmer’s leadership. Could he really be blowing it? Plus, is Suella Braverman Donald Trump’s fault? Then finally, the rise of the non-apology apology with councillors facing further pressure. Rachel Cunliffe, senior associate editor at New Statesman, joins as a special guest.
• “Council elections are always used as a test bed for the themes that might come along in the General Election.” – Seth Thévoz
• “I don’t think panic is the word because I don’t think anyone in Labour at any point has ever thought it’s in the bag.” – Tom Peck
• “It’s not really about people switching from Tory to Labour, it’s about how many who voted Conservative in 2019 are just fed up.” – Rachel Cunliffe
• “The amount of money in British politics is considered in the context of American politics.” – Seth Thévoz
• “A lot of our culture war flashpoints are directly imported from the US.” – Rachel Cunliffe
Presented by Alex Andreou with Tom Peck, Seth Thévoz and Rachel Cunliffe. Group Editor: Andrew Harrison. Managing Editor: Jacob Jarvis. Producer: Chris Jones. Audio production by Alex Rees. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.