Hot Strike Summer
Keir Starmer and the unions: Can Labour keep its distance from striking workers without paying a price? Or will everything get better if you picket? Plus, is Rishi Sunak really catching up on Loopy Liz Truss? As Cosplay Thatcher executes rapid policy reversals, is this lady definitely up for turning? And as the Lionesses Bring Football Home™, our panelists revisit the trauma of sport at school.
Complete our listener survey and be in with a chance of winning an OGWN t-shirt: https://bit.ly/3zIkaqc
• “Apparently we’ve taken back control of our borders, without taking responsibility for what happens there in either direction. That’s Brexit.” – Alex Andreou
• “Liz Truss is basically out with her mates but she doesn’t realise that all the rest of can see her and hear what she’s saying.” – Sara Gibbs
• “For Truss, how she looks supporting Ukraine is clearly more important to her than actually supporting Ukraine.” – Nina Schick
• “What we are really seeing now is the endgame of the Brexit era… which is to tell the lie that most closely corresponds to your audience’s understanding of the facts.” – Alex Andreou
• “What happened in Fukushima is very unlikely to happen in Germany. No tsunamis, right?” – Nina Schick
• “People are dead in Ukraine because Truss told them to go there to fight and then disavowed them…She is a very dangerously stupid person on the international stage.” – Alex Andreou
Written and presented by Dorian Lynskey with Nina Schick and Alex Andreou. Producers: Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Assistant producer Kasia Tomasiewicz. Audio production: Alex Rees. Theme music by Cornershop. Lead Producer: Jacob Jarvis. Group Editor: Andrew Harrison. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.