Fight for the Right of the Party
With Tory leadership contestants fighting like rats in a sack we pick apart the hopefuls vying to succeed Johnson. Is there a least worst candidate in this rotten bunch? And what policies might any winner actually push forward with? Our guest is Ali Milani, who was Labour’s candidate against Johnson in 2019 and is author of The Unlikely Candidate.
• “I’m glad to see the back of Johnson. He’s one of the most dangerous men to walk into Number 10.” – Ali Milani
• “This was always going to be the end of the Boris Johnson story.” – Ali Milani
• “The next party leader is going to want to significantly distance themselves from Boris Johnson.” – Ali Milani
• “ The Speaker was giving off real substitute teacher vibes at PMQs." – Alex Andreou
• "Never have I seen such a thin-skinned group of politicians." – Ali Milani
Presented by Dorian Lynskey with Alex Andreou and Ros Taylor. Group Editor: Andrew Harrison. Lead Producer: Jacob Jarvis. Producers: Alex Rees, Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Audio production by Robin Leeburn. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.