End of an Error
Boris Johnson to the dustbin of political history, here we go. With the PM set to finally leave Number 10 we look back on his tumultuous tenure. Plus, with the prospect of Prime Minister Liz Truss looming, we assess the future of democracy in Britain. Things can only get… worse? Sam Fowles, author of Overruled: Confronting Our Vanishing Democracy in 8 Cases, is this week’s guest.
• “It turned out the gloomsters were right all along.” – Hannah Fearn
• "Boris’s ego is why we don’t have a government during an unprecedented crisis.” – Hannah Fearn
• “The Conservative Party always knew he was a tool of power – and when he proved himself useless, he had to go.” – Hannah Fearn
• “It’s interesting in British politics, you can be absolutely rubbish at your job, but we let you get on with it.” – Sam Fowles
• “Boris loves trading off future power for instant gratification.” – Marie Le Conte
Presented by Alex Andreou with Hannah Fearn and Marie Le Conte. Group Editor: Andrew Harrison. Lead Producer: Jacob Jarvis. Producers: Alex Rees, Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Assistant Producer: Kasia Tomasiewicz. Audio production by Robin Leeburn. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.