Coming Over Here, Staffing Our Hospitals
The Manston scandal and Braverman’s bluster lay our disastrous immigration policy bare. And just when we need more workers, Keir Starmer comes out against looser rules. Why can’t we talk honestly about this most emotive issue? Plus: will we ever defeat NIMBYism? And Planet Deepfake: why AI-generated images and video will soon outnumber human-made content.
Get your perfect OGWN Christmas presents at podmarket.co.uk
• “When the Chinese government sends soup kitchens to the demonstrations, that’s the sign to go home or you’ll get shot.” – Gavin Esler
• “We don’t actually live in a sea of bigotry like politicians think we do.” – Hannah Fearn
• “Any content can now be generated perfectly by AI. This is a huge turning point for human communication.” – Nina Schick
• “In Glasgow, you’re a Weegee. And if you’re a refugee, you’re accepted as a Refuweegee.” – Gavin Esler
• “We will experience more technological change in our lifetime than in the entirety of human history.” – Nina Schick
Written and presented by Ros Taylor with Hannah Fearn, Gavin Esler and Nina Schick. Producers: Alex Rees and Jet Gerbertson. Assistant producer: Kasia Tomasiewicz. Theme music by Cornershop. Lead Producer: Jacob Jarvis. Group Editor: Andrew Harrison. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.